Applicants Registered Elsewhere in Canada

The Labour Mobility Application route applies to any applicant who is currently registered in good standing with another Canadian Dietetic Regulator who is a signatory to a Labour Mobility Agreement with the College.

Applicants who meet the eligibility criteria below may be registered with the College without further assessment through labour mobility as outlined in the Canadian Free Trade Agreement.

To be eligible for registration through labour mobility without further assessment, the applicant must:

  1. Be currently registered in good standing in an active practice category with a provincial dietetic regulator.
  2. Be of good character.
  3. Have registration without conditions, restrictions or limitations.

To be eligible for registration, the applicant must submit the following:

  1. Completed application form including fees for application and practice permit. Click here to access the application for registration (Labour Mobility).
    1. You must have Adobe Reader installed to view this document.
    2. You may choose to complete the form online and print it before signing and returning the original to the College office.
  2. Resume/CV
  3. Police information check obtained within previous 1 year of application. Click here to complete a MyBackCheck online.

The College will contact the current provincial dietetic regulator to obtain the following:

  1. Official transcripts.
  2. Letter verifying completion of internship program.
  3. Verification of registration with provincial regulator.
  4. CDRE results (if available).
  5. Marriage certificate (if available).

Applying to other provinces in Canada

The labour mobility route applies to any member who is currently registered in good standing with the College and would like to apply for registration with another Canadian Dietetic Regulator in Canada.

Please be advised that you must keep your Alberta registration in effect until you are registered in another jurisdiction to avoid delays. Other registration requirements may apply, such as:

  • Criminal record checks;
  • proof of liability insurance; or
  • if you have not submitted original transcripts and internship completion documents to the College of Dietitians of Alberta, you may be asked to include them with your application to another jurisdiction.

If you would like information on registering with other Canadian Dietetic Regulatory Bodies across Canada, you will need to contact them directly for an application package.