Courtesy registrations accommodate Registered Dietitians who are temporarily in Alberta for employment, education, teaching or research purposes.
The College has developed an informative guide on the application and registration process for applicants requiring Courtesy Registration with the College of Dietitians of Alberta. We encourage all applicants to review the guide prior to commencing the application process. Click here to access the Information on Courtesy Application for Registration Guide.
If you are a Registered Dietitian temporarily practicing in Alberta, you must apply for a temporary practice permit with the College under our Courtesy Registration. While applying, you will need to provide information to the College about the nature and duration of your dietetic work in Alberta and confirmation that you are currently registered with another Canadian Dietetic Regulator.
Courtesy registrations are issued for a minimum of 30 days to a maximum of 180 days.
To be eligible for registration, the applicant must submit the following:
- Completed application form including fees for application and practice permit. Click here to access the application for registration (Courtesy).
- You must have Adobe Reader installed to view this document.
- You may choose to complete the form online and print it before signing and returning the original to the College office.
- Verification of Registration with all current and/or previous dietetic regulatory bodies. Applicants will be required to contact each dietetic regulatory body directly to request Verification of Registration and to obtain the following:
- Verification of Registration with regulatory body
- Official transcripts showing the degree conferred
- Letter verifying completion of internship program
- CDRE results (if available)
- Marriage certificate (if available)
Any fee associated with processing the request for verification is the responsibility of the applicant.
The length of time it takes for an application to be complete and for an applicant to obtain registration depends on the length of time it takes for an applicant to submit the required documentation. The College recommends applicants begin the application process as soon as possible once they have determined they require registration in Alberta. An applicant can start a file with the College office when they are ready to apply and the file will remain open as the applicant submits further documentation.
Once an applicant has submitted all required documentation, the applicant is eligible for registration with the College. This process can typically be completed within 1-3 business days upon receipt of all required documentation.