How can I find a Registered Dietitian?

If you are interested in locating a Registered Dietitian or Registered Nutritionist in your area:

  • Ask your doctor for a referral to a Registered Dietitian
  • Connect with an RD through your local Primary Care Network
  • Conduct an online search on the College’s Registrant Directory to find a Registered Dietitian in Private Practice.
  • Contact Health Link Alberta
    Anywhere in Alberta: dial 811
    Toll Free:  1-866-408-LINK (5465)
  • Look in your local Yellow Pages for listings of Registered Dietitians in Private Practice
  • Conduct an online search on the Dietitians of Canada website at under "Find a Dietitian" to find a Registered Dietitian who specializes in your area of interest and who is located in your area

The cost of dietetic services may be covered when they are provided through Employee Assistance Plans (EAP), health benefit carriers i.e. Alberta Blue Cross, or company benefit plans. The public is encouraged to verify that the individual they are working with is a regulated member of the College of Dietitians of Alberta. To verify that an individual is registered ask to see a practice permit, verify online by referring to the Registrant Directory or contact the College.